Helmet to helmet communication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this, so hopefully General is ok.

I'm going to TRR for the first time this April, and my girlfriend will be riding with me. Helmets are required so I will be buying two. I saw the SDHQ forced air adaptor and will be going with forced air helmets. My question is what do I do for communication. I'm assuming it'll be hard to hear each other with helmets on, so I would like some kind of bluetooth or other type of helmet to helmet communication. Problem is I don't know what to look for, so any help would be appreciated.

I don't yet have the helmets so I could even get ones that come pre wired, or is an aftermarket product easier???

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this, so hopefully General is ok.

I'm going to TRR for the first time this April, and my girlfriend will be riding with me. Helmets are required so I will be buying two. I saw the SDHQ forced air adaptor and will be going with forced air helmets. My question is what do I do for communication. I'm assuming it'll be hard to hear each other with helmets on, so I would like some kind of bluetooth or other type of helmet to helmet communication. Problem is I don't know what to look for, so any help would be appreciated.

I don't yet have the helmets so I could even get ones that come pre wired, or is an aftermarket product easier???

If you want to go with comms, you will need helmets wired with a mic and speakers, and an intercom to link them. Figure $100 additional per helmet for wired helmets and $300-$500 for an intercom.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tugboat needs an intercom so the person sitting next to him isn't deafened by his extremely loud party voice...

LMAO yeah sometimes I try summon more partyers bellowing a celebration call to realize they're beside me, that or I'm going deaf. In either case the intercom is handy.