Hellion Twin Turbo Review (LONG)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schaibaa

Reaction score
Great to hear! What about mild acceleration. Are you able to stay at 1/2 pedal and not go to full boost? I had a turbo car once and it was hard to do mild acceleration - like an on-ramp or for towing.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Hedges4

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear! What about mild acceleration. Are you able to stay at 1/2 pedal and not go to full boost? I had a turbo car once and it was hard to do mild acceleration - like an on-ramp or for towing.

Thanks!

I just pulled the boat. Interstate and county roads. 3 psi was the highest it went and that was about half pedal to get on the interstate.

Only hit full boost if you get into it. Daily driving remains unchanged over stock essentially.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has fuel milage improved at all? i know when i supercharged my tacoma it got better milage when out of boost or only using low boost levels

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
has fuel milage improved at all? i know when i supercharged my tacoma it got better milage when out of boost or only using low boost levels

surprised you saw any gains from a super charger. since its belt driven its constantly creating drag and pressure to work against, thus causing your engine to work harder and consume more fuel.

turbos are free energy, which is the main reason they are EXCLUSIVELY used in engines to boost economy.

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprised you saw any gains from a super charger. since its belt driven its constantly creating drag and pressure to work against, thus causing your engine to work harder and consume more fuel.

turbos are free energy, which is the main reason they are EXCLUSIVELY used in engines to boost economy.

only if theres no bypass valve are they always working

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Improved efficiency is common when supercharging the 4.0L V6 in Tacos and FJ Cruisers.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
only if theres no bypass valve are they always working

the belt is still spinning, its not free energy. it has to cost something.... its still working the engine harder than it was previously.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Improved efficiency is common when supercharging the 4.0L V6 in Tacos and FJ Cruisers.

ive looked through a couple of threads, i have seen some claims of 1+-2+
but i have seen some vets in the forum step in and say its all driving style and butt dyno since the swap, i have to agree.
but i havent seen any evidence or an actual test.

post that shit up! im curious.