Headlights wont turn off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Raptor forum.

I'm recently having an issue with my OEM headlights not turning off when i turn off the truck. When I got home last night i noticed that they didn't turn off when i parked and shut down. I had to manually turn them off. Then today I had the same issue so I parked it in my garage and heard a faint electrical buzzing noise coming from the front but couldn't find the source with the hood up. I again manually turned them off and the buzz went away. I do leave the light switch in the on/auto position but had to turn them all the way off to turn them off.

Not sure it matters but I have LED replacement bulbs and its a 2010

Any help is very much appreciated.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but do you have the headlight knob set to "auto" usually? I know that it turns off the head lights automatically after a few seconds of shut down.

I've never used the Manual "on" switch for the head lights on my 2013 so I don't know if they shut off after turning off the truck.

David

OP
OP
mwaite09

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have it set to Auto and normally they do turn off after a few seconds. Lately Ive had to turn them off manually because they didn't turn off...

OP
OP
mwaite09

mwaite09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the258, They are replacement bulbs
Black, I've had the bulbs for 2 years with no previous issues.