hd leaf springs on Raptor/towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timbo33

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 2013 Raptor... my question is how can i make my truck more of a towing truck than off-road?

i know this isn't what the truck is intended for, I've already purchased front and rear 3.0s and lots of hard off-roading, my intentions for this truck are to be full blown offroad truck... most likely going to go with RPG BOLT kit and their 4-Link kit, but for now and through this summer i need to use my truck as a worker not a toy.

so how can i make this work... i have the firestone airbags (they're great but not enough) i need to be abel to pull a goosneck trailer and horse trailer (I've found a gooseneck hitch that will work for the short bed)... so now im thinking leaf springs would be the next step? What could i make fit? F250 Leaf springs?? im not worried about the stiffness or ride, doesn't matter... i need to be able to haul. i think the truck easily has the power, i just need to make it stronger.

Please let me know some ideas... i know its not what its for but whatever i want to try it, and i think you guys would have some great ideas!! so let me know!!!

Thanks so much!!

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If fully inflated E rated tires and air bags do not seem to be handling the load, you are trying to haul too much.

Buy a used F250 2wd to tow and haul for the summer. Trying to make the Raptor do something it was not designed for is a huge mistake. Get the right tool.

If you insist, just source some heavier F150 springs, or have a set built, they are not that expensive. Again, if you are going beyond what a set of uprated F150 springs can handle, that should be telling you something...

It isn't POWER you need for towing, it is load handling capacity, brakes, suspension, proper tires, wider mirrors. Power is the last criteria for hauling, it aint a race son.

For what you would waste on changing the Raptor back and forth you could easily pick up a more appropriate hauler. That is the right answer.

Last edited:

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the RPG and used the 4" bump stops. Pulled a 8K trailer from San Diego to NC with no issues (WDH also with 1K bars). Rode and pulled easily.