Has Anyone Cured the Single Front End Pop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent an hour trying to search this issue and I know it has been covered before. Cant remember if anyone has solved the problem that is not associated with FWD not fully disengaged.
I have noticed something pops once every now and then when turning out of my driveway. There is only a single pop and sounds more like up front.
However, I only noticed this after I installed my Deavers +2's. The rear shackles are installed correctly as per the instructions and other posts on here.
More of an annoyance than anything.
I have had it up on my lift many times and everything appears normal and tight. 2014 with 6K miles.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HAP...this may sound stupid, but my rear leaf shackles were backwards for a little bit and I heard random pops here and there too. I thought they were from the front at first too but then narrowed it down to the rear. Try 180 degreeing the shackles. To me...the correct way actually looks like it would be the wrong way, if that makes sense.

I've gotten pretty good at messing with my shackles. It's pretty easy, just jack up the rear end of the truck (I just jack it up under the tow hitch). Unbolt the two bolts each side, 180 the shackle and bam...I think your popping issue will be solved.

I came across post on here talking about the "correct" way the shackles should be but I respectfully disagree. My popping disappeared after I switched my shackles to the "wrong" way. Worked for me.

Good luck man!

Last edited:
OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LekRap,

would it be asking too much for a pic of your final configuration? I think you may be on to something...

Thanks in advance,
HAP

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HAP...so I'm not around my truck, but I have this pic from my phone that I used for reference of how NOT to do it. This is how people were saying to put them on and that's when I heard the popping. So I did THE OPPOSITE OF THIS PICTURE and haven't heard anything since.

Oh...and I had my truck in a Deavers last week and they re-installed the shackle the way that I am saying...opposite of the picture! I was curious if they'd switch it around but they put it on the way I am advising.

Good luck man, hope this helps. Let me know if I can help any other way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the bolt in the top of the from diff holding it to the frame. Mine was loose and caused a clunk like this.

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the bolt in the top of the from diff holding it to the frame. Mine was loose and caused a clunk like this.

Would you happen to have a pic of that bolt? I'm still not convinced it not coming from the front even after swapping the rear shackle configuration. Still pops.

Thanks,
HAP

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you happen to have a pic of that bolt? I'm still not convinced it not coming from the front even after swapping the rear shackle configuration. Still pops.

Unfortunately not, this is just what I was told was causing my front end clunk by my dealer. They put some loctite on and tightened it up and the cluck has gone.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I am also having this same issue. Only happens occasionally, on the left side and only happens when backing up after the truck has sat for a while.