GEN 1 Hard To Find SVT Raptor Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would buy some extra front fender vents and maybe a valance. A little pricey now, but wait about 5 yrs. You'll be able to find them but maybe not be able to afford them......

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I sold some side vent's never even thought about one breaking down the road but that's why you have insurance

joekai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are OEM requirements to keep and provide parts for a given number of years, usually 10 is what I here.

I own a 2006 H3, which had a number built, and I can share my insight from that. There are significant differences between comparing a truck like the Hummer (any model) to the Raptor.

You should not have any issues finding parts through a dealer netwrok for a number of years. I can easily get parts for my Hummer going through my local Cadillac dealer (remember there is not Hummer brand). I don't think finding OE components for repair will be difficult. I have seen more and more parts coming from China for OE replacements, my guess is that there are companies buying scrapped tools, refurbishing them, and offering parts through the internet.

I would expect the aftermarket to remain strong for these trucks. It is not as much the volume of vehicles built, but the market and attitude towards them. There are a number of companies supporting of vehicle models with low volumes. If the people want to buy they will.

Kaiser is right on the Hummer market. It was a poorly marketed plan for that truck, which was part of its demise, and there is very little aftermarket. Once the brand was killed, the aftermarket pulled out. I am curious to see if there is going to be a growth in that market (as used vehicle prices come down, will more people buy them with the intent to off-road them).

If I keep my truck.... I am not too concerned about getting parts 5 or 10 years from now.

MUTH3 is correct with the time of 10 years, all OEM's need to be able to provide parts for that amount of time after they have stopped producing the vehcle. Also the Tier 1/Tier 2 suppliers to OEM's must also retain tooling etc. for the componets they provide to the OEM's to be able to provide repalcements in the case that OEM requires more parts. This is all governed A.I.A.G (Automotive Industry Action Group) Which is more or less the Big 3 providing representatives to sit down and decide on many items that go into safety, suppy chain, documentation and so on and so on, to help improve the automotive industry.

SO I would not worry to much about OEM parts being avaiable.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO I would not worry to much about OEM parts being avaiable.

My experience of this is it does not apply to every part number, most major parts shoudl be available but some smaller more detailed parts, usually ones that can be substituted for generic items do go out of availability. For example as mentioned, the blue stitched seat cover for the passenger cusion is now discontinued. It is not a vital part, and could in theory be replaced with a mismatching one. so it probably pays to pick up deals where you see them particularly for cosmetic items. I just picked up two blue stitch driver cushion covers thanks to the heads up from a FRF member who spotted that for some reason they are being sold off for about $80 a pop (tip: look up the 2013 model year )