Half way through front camera / lockpick air install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds very interesting. Since it's a mirror type, it will display more then Netflix. That's pretty cool considering I've been wanting this camera source combo for a very long now I want it even more. Hopefully in the near future. Post pics when you have a chance.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have some "wrinkles" to iron out mainly with regards to lack of steering wheel controls activating lockpick functions etc. Yes it would do more than Netflix. Mirrors anything off your screen. Will update tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well- according to Carlos from Coastal "it is what it is". He claims the steering wheel controls were dropped in the latest update due to issues with Ford overriding the lockpick and that's why they added the little hand held Chinese remote with the unit. He offered nothing beyond that and gave no explanation as to why they still listed steering wheel controls in their documentation or on their site as a selling feature.

Spoke with Trish at Camera Source who simply referred me to Carlos.

Overall I'm not entirely satisfied and after reading accounts on the "other forum" about similar issues with the lockpick . Camera Source eventually solved the issues by swapping out units.

This wasn't offered to me so not sure who is telling the truth... Carlos' story is plausible however it is equally plausible to assume that they aren't interested in the hassle of solving it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Further update... after messing around with various combinations, holding "voice" for 5 seconds brings up rear camera, holding it again for 3 seconds brings up the lockpick air screen. I'm more inclined to believe it can do what they claim but that they just don't want to deal with it or provide support. Camera Source was polite,but lacked all knowledge re the product, however from what I've read on other forums and in other topics they have a few very knowledgeable people there. Would have been nice to have this addressed by someone who knows a bit more about this. People's impressions about Coastal are accurate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's accurate. I have front camera configured to turn on below 5mph. Direct access is currently via remote only not steering wheel until someone different from camera source calls back (which at this point seems unlikely). Coastal doesn't care.

Last edited: