Had to pay the dealer for my sync update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recommend the same thing to customers, if you're having no issues with your sync, don't bother updating. You will see no difference to your sync and are wasting your money by paying us to update it. If you're having an issue, that's a different story.

I think this is terrible advice. Like any other computerized system - say your laptop - updates are required. At a certain point cumulative updates not being installed will force a larger update such as the one I had to take. FYI for me the update substantially changed the manner in which Bluetooth audio amongst other things is handled.

Additionally, if you plan on modifying anything (ie installing a lockpick) you should always update then hack... always bad to try to apply a massive update after a hack

Sorry but I give the maintenance of the digital systems on the vehicle just as much importance as the mechanical.

Last edited:

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is terrible advice. Like any other computerized system - say your laptop - updates are required. At a certain point cumulative updates not being installed will force a larger update such as the one I had to take. FYI for me the update substantially changed the manner in which Bluetooth audio amongst other things is handled.

Additionally, if you plan on modifying anything (ie installing a lockpick) you should always update then hack... always bad to try to apply a massive update after a hack

Sorry but I give the maintenance of the digital systems on the vehicle just as much importance as the mechanical.

Could you give some more detail for your audio claim?

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claim? The handling of audio and media via Bluetooth as well as apps such as Spotify and SoundCloud is now fully integrated with full MFT control for a start. That's not a "claim", it's a fact. You could look up a change log that lists the additions in each software revision if you chose.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claim? The handling of audio and media via Bluetooth as well as apps such as Spotify and SoundCloud is now fully integrated with full MFT control for a start. That's not a "claim", it's a fact. You could look up a change log that lists the additions in each software revision if you chose.

No need to be testy.
I'm genuinely curious about your experience, not a changelog.
Apologies for wasting your time.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to be testy.
I'm genuinely curious about your experience, not a changelog.
Apologies for wasting your time.

Instead you should apologize for the tone of your post. Using a word like "claim" is clearly confrontational and accusatory. A statement like "apologies for wasting your time" isn't much better.

Just pointing out that if you phrase things differently your certain to get a far more positive response.