Had to pay the dealer for my sync update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unit refused to take the update via USB. Hadn't been updated in 5 years. Hours with ford support etc didn't help.

Dealer and service manager was fine except for guy at the desk who kept asking what was wrong with the vehicle... nothing I told him... just need to force the update via obd. He told me I should just use the USB (thanks tips :roll ) and wanted to know why I would want to do anything if the car wasn't broken.

Then he told me if it ain't broke don't fix it.

After they successfully updated it I explained to him that it clearly was broken since the old OS required so many cumulative updates that it wasn't possible to update via USB.

He had no idea what I was talking about.

Lockpick and front camera goes in this week.

Last edited:

raptorpaul

Reaction score
I may be going to ford for the update as well. Mine won't take and when I called Ford Sync they said that the update previously was removed due to issues and the beta is not out for general public yet. What did they charge you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.
That's just an extension of the warranty for the APIM. That's essentially Ford speak for the computer that runs the Sync system.
Nothing to do with updates.

raptorpaul

Reaction score
No.
That's just an extension of the warranty for the APIM. That's essentially Ford speak for the computer that runs the Sync system.
Nothing to do with updates.

Darn I thought maybe updates included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I recommend the same thing to customers, if you're having no issues with your sync, don't bother updating. You will see no difference to your sync and are wasting your money by paying us to update it. If you're having an issue, that's a different story.