go pro locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I got a go pro for christmas and im wondering what are the good spots to put a go pro on the truck? where do people on the forum put them? are there places to avoid?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I mount mine just to the right of the mirror on a suction cup. If you mount it outside just make sure you tether it with some 550 cord.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question....I got my 8 year old one forChristmas as well...that thing is cool as shit...being able to control it from an iPad an iPhone is cool too...

Would be interested in ideas for inside and outside truck mounting options...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking eye level inside the truck....

Somewhere on the front bumper might be cool too...

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll have my iphone mounted right under the rearview mirror inside. I had pretty good results with it on Ring and liked the angle. You could see the hood vents and front of the truck.

I'll probably mount my gopro on on my left fender just behind and above the wheel, so you can see the awesome flex of the stock shocks. Think 2 o'clock position looking at the wheel.

Just remember that speed doesn't translate very well.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear quarter panel at the point farthest from the truck centerline is a cool one not a lot of people think of. If all you see is terrain it is a lot less interesting than seeing the body of the truck moving around. Best angle is off the quarter panel at the end of a long pole but I digress...