Gen 1 used prices going back up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
after browsing criags list it seems that all the sellers have the gen 1s priced pretty high, higher than normal? are gen 1s going back up now that the gen 2 hype is over?

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been looking at prices on a weekly basis for the last 6-7 months. Did Gen1 prices ever actually go down to warrant them "going back up"?

I didn't notice that. I think pricing has stayed pretty much consistent this entire time.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices are going up here due to demand. With the new raptor out, folks balk at the 90-100k price when you can get an awesome first gen for half that.
Canadian prices

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got a 13 for 30k, the unicorns are out there you just need to search.

over the last year i have seen them steadily decrease though. sometimes its an odd priced truck. ive seen some high prices sell well in a nice area and some way lower not sell at all because of no online.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a 13 for 30k, the unicorns are out there you just need to search.

over the last year i have seen them steadily decrease though. sometimes its an odd priced truck. ive seen some high prices sell well in a nice area and some way lower not sell at all because of no online.

Wow that's a great deal, congrats!

I was looking at 2014s when I first decided I'd buy a new truck this year but they were in the low/mid 50s and I just couldn't justify it. I think the price has stayed pretty stable in my area (Tampa Bay) for the same reason as mentioned by donk, dealers are keeping demand high with the up charge on the new model.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO one of the contributors to price variance is LOTs of folks don't know the difference between Raptor suspension and a lift. When a Raptor with modifications comes across the block, they think it's just like a lifted FX4 and don't assign any real value to those modifications.

I had my truck at the dealer a couple weeks ago so I could get my dipstick and a section of weather strip replaced. While I was waiting for them to finish, I was walking around one of their G2s.

The mouth breathing lot lizard comes over and asks me if I was interested in trading 'up'. I told him he wouldn't be able to give me what my truck is worth, which was met with the standard 'modifications aren't worth anything' response. I told him to eat shit.

My truck would sell for 60k or more on this forum but that's because people on here understand just how expensive it is to modify these trucks. To a dealer, its worth whatever blue book says, minus the ******** tax.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everybody on here thinks there year or mileage or truck is the best. No modifications do not add anything to your truck, it can actually depreciate the value of it unless you find just one person looking for those modifications. In my experience a modified car/ truck is worth less than a standard stock equipped car or truck.

I don't know if they are going down any or not, in my area they still bring blood for trucks almost any and all trucks. A Raptor is a like a diamond being found at Murfreesboro, they are out there but expect to pay an arm and a leg which is why I pulled my blue flame Raptor from Illinois. I have seen Raptors with 130+ thousand miles sell for 32-34 grand and I am being offered 30 grand for mine on trade in. I think it depends on the market specifically.