Gas Grade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What grade of gas do you all run?

I have the 6.2 and since owning it have only put premium 91 (Stupid California) in it. Just wondering what you guys and gals put in your tanks and if you notice a difference between the grade in regards to performance and MPG.

And I'm just use to putting premium in my vehicles, Acuras and BMWs, and the price difference really isn't that much, .10 to .15 cents per gallon is only a couple dollars a tank.

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the highest grade I can afford at the time. If I'm going off road premium. If I'm going on a long trip premium.

ernie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What grade of gas do you all run?

Shell V-Power (unless I absolutely can't find a Shell station and I'm on fumes, which hasn't happened yet, which case I'd run their high octane....91 around here), though I realize I don't have to run high test.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 OCTANE . . because I can.

:birgits_tiredcoffee Supposedly grades above 87 octane have more fuel additives.

So, consequently . . less likely to have a :think: fuel injector problem.

Has anyone else heard this?

Also, the computer will give you a little more timing . .
equating to . . MORE POWER . . :Caffeine:

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
93 as much as possible. 109 is coming soon as I blow this engine up!

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

93 OCTANE . . because I can.

:birgits_tiredcoffee Supposedly grades above 87 octane have more fuel additives.

So, consequently . . less likely to have a :think: fuel injector problem.

Has anyone else heard this?

Also, the computer will give you a little more timing . .
equating to . . MORE POWER . . :Caffeine:

So does removing the speed limiter and having driving skill :ROFLJest:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Non-ethanol 87 octane all the time. I don't see much need for premium personally since the torque rating stays the same. I'd rather pay the extra to go non-ethanol vs. paying extra for the 10hp or whatever the increase is from 91 octane.