Future Raptor Engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the SAME BS as before. There is zero info on the Raptor and the 6.2L is NOT dead. Its still possible the Raptor will have the 6.2 from the fact that its still produced by the super duty.

I am waiting to see what the next GT500 will have. If they offer a TT 5.0L Coyote then I hope we get a detuned version for the Raptor.

Gensupt

Reaction score
Ok guys this is my first post, new to the forum. Just got a new 14 SE Raptor with the 6.2L and i love it. Keep in mind i'm 52, but nothing beats the sound of a beastly v8. I purchased a new Ecoboost F150 fx4 in 2012 and just couldn't get over the whining of the turbo's. Yes it was a good truck, but for those of us that grew up in the muscle car era, v-6 means weakness. LOL

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a jalopnik article. These come out every few months. Nobody there knows shit for sure. It's all speculation.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh there are people that know for sure but, they have had to sign a agreement that they will not say a word because the engine for the 2016 or what ever year they call it is already tested and still being tested...

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True hockster, but they definitely don't write articles for that website.

Those articles contradict each other, one says the 6.2l is dead(or maybe they are just assuming the raptor can't have a 6.2l because it's in the f150 platform, who knows. But the other article confirms it's still going in the super duty.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read the press release closer and you will see "up to 700 pounds weight savings". This means their biggest F-150. Still if the new Raptor is say 500 pounds lighter that's equivalent to removing all 5 wheels and tires from the current Raptor.

Also, why would ford use the 6cy in the Raptor when they can use 5.0L V8?

Regardless of engine, if the new 2015 F-150 has a confirmed weight reduction of 700lbs+ then I sure as heck hope the next gen Raptor doesn't still weigh 6200lbs. Personally, for simplicity and longevity from hard use I'm still a proponent of wringing every last bit if performance and efficiency out of the 6.2L. Defeatable cylinder deactivation, defeatable auto engine start/stop, direct injection, lighter compacted graphite block, etc.