Future Raptor Engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power = air+fuel. Doesn't matter how you got it into the cylinders. To make a certain amount of power requires a certain amount of air and fuel.

Accordingly, turbo cars are only "better" on gas when they are off the boost.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Yes, it was clear that mud was thrown up on the doors from rain splashing.

Slush from passing cars as its a main road. Since its a main road plows drop sand/gravel which makes it even worse. Then add in the constant wind and it sitting there for months on end and its going to get dirty.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slush from passing cars as its a main road. Since its a main road plows drop sand/gravel which makes it even worse. Then add in the constant wind and it sitting there for months on end and its going to get dirty.

Yes, slush from passing cars thrown up in an arch behind the front tires. You are a moron.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, slush from passing cars thrown up in an arch behind the front tires. You are a moron.

Need me to take another pic for you? It hasnt moved yet. A little mud thrown up from when it WAS driven isnt impressive as 25% of the roads in the area are dirt. That truck does no get driven, ever.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind a turbo motor. My first Raptor will be in a couple years when my wife finally graduates Pharmacy school and I wouldnt mind the V6 turbo motor. There is A LOT of mods you can do to a turbo'ed motor that you cant do with a NA motor. If you want to get some real power you have to turbo or supercharge a NA motor and go from there (unless you pull the motor and do some hella expensive work or replace it all together). If you have a turbo from the factory you have a bunch of options from the beginning that you dont have with a NA motor until its turbo'ed or supercharged. Putting a turbo or supercharger on a factory NA motor is a lot of cash. You can get more power out of a factory turbo motor than a NA motor for a lot less money since you dont have to make the initial investment on a turbo or supercharger. I own a couple v8 vehicles right now and a turbo'ed subaru and the power that comes with a turbo is addicting. Modding a turbo vehicle is addicting. Its a different kind of power. Boost is addicting.

Yeah the Raptor is a big bad truck that everyone thinks needs a v8 but if it comes with a v6 turbo the v8 guys are going to be left in the dust, its as simple as that.

I, for one, welcome a v6 turbo with open arms.

Boost isn't just for 4 cylinders you dumb shit. On the 6.2, 600 RWHP is attainable with a Whipple and fuel system upgrades. We also have a guy on the forum who's pushing 780 at the rear wheels with a Whipple and internals and he's one of the few guys in the country who have opened up the 6.2.

Technology works for large displacement engines, too.

I'm guessing you didn't do well in your physics classes.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Need me to take another pic for you? It hasnt moved yet. A little mud thrown up from when it WAS driven isnt impressive as 25% of the roads in the area are dirt. That truck does no get driven, ever.

No, please don't take more pics. We've seen enough.

But you can admit that you just changed your story. Unless you are a pathological liar, that is.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You know I ALMOST feel sorry for you. People around here use you more than a 20 dollar ****** on dollar day and you just keep coming back..

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know I ALMOST feel sorry for you. People around here use you more than a 20 dollar ****** on dollar day and you just keep coming back..

Trolls dont bother me especially when Ive rustled everyones jimmies due to the fact Im not on the v8 bandwagon. Like they say "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down." I can handle the people that get their jimmies rustled since they played into it in the first place.

Last edited: