Future Raptor Engines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Here is a link that seems interesting.

http://www.tige.com/features/indmar-engines

Indmar has a 400 and a 440hp marine version of the 6.2 coming out in the 2015 Tiges.

It seems odd they would start down a path for a new engine with something that Ford is DC'ing.

I'm still of the belief that Ford is going to put an EB engine in and offer some sort of 6.2 with a little more hp...maybe 440???

Of course Ford is driving a bunch of Raptor test mules around with the EB. It's going to have more HP than the standard version and could be a totally different engine than what they put in the F150.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the raptor development engineer isn't the same guy who designed this motor.

4u9a6uve.jpg

Popcorn.....

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor was designed for high speed offroad driving so yes, THERE WAS AN ISSUE. If there wasnt an issue Ford wouldnt have reinforced the frames 2012-2014. I never said all Raptors from 10-11 had bent frames but those years you are more likely to bend your frame compared to 2012-2014 when Ford fixed it. I wouldnt buy a used 2010-2011 Raptor simply because the frame was not reinforced. Somethings you just do not buy used.

Sorry Im not joining in on the 'OMG it has to be a V8 or it wont be a Raptor circle jerk'.

2012+ are better than 2010-2011 because there is a tiny improvement in the frame, thats all Im saying.

Since this thread has gone to shit, I feel compelled to correct the error regarding the frame reinforcement and the appropriate years. The slightly thinker frame gusset was added in 2013, not 2012.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of the Raptors around where I live are always clean, always perfectly detailed, and never have a spot of mud so I could easily make the case that most Raptors are pavement princess status trucks like most trucks and 4 door Jeeps on the road these days.

Sorry, did you mean that dirty, muddy Raptor you kept posting pictures of that you wanted to make an offer on? Was that the perfectly detailed Raptor you were talking about?

Do you even know fact from fiction or are you a pathological liar?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

2012+ are better than 2010-2011 because there is a tiny improvement in the frame, thats all Im saying.

Huh? I think you meant 2013, but I doubt you can even say what the improvement was.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, did you mean that dirty, muddy Raptor you kept posting pictures of that you wanted to make an offer on? Was that the perfectly detailed Raptor you were talking about?

Do you even know fact from fiction or are you a pathological liar?

Im glad youre following me around, its flattering.

Also that truck was filthy because it sits on the side of the road for months on end without being driven and all the filth on it is from rain/snow/wind/dirt accumulating, not from the driver actually driving it.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I can save a tiny bit of money on gas and not lose any power why wouldnt I be for it? That little extra money can then be used for tires, rims, bumpers, etc for the truck. Win win.

Power = air+fuel. Doesn't matter how you got it into the cylinders. To make a certain amount of power requires a certain amount of air and fuel.

Accordingly, turbo cars are only "better" on gas when they are off the boost.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Im glad youre following me around, its flattering.

Also that truck was filthy because it sits on the side of the road for months on end without being driven and all the filth on it is from rain/snow/wind/dirt accumulating, not from the driver actually driving it.

Yes, it was clear that mud was thrown up on the doors from rain splashing.