Fuel Tank Swap Scab 36 gallon tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has swapped the smaller tank for the 36 gallon tank on scab? Looking at the scabs and beyond a little more towing ability, and fuel capcity don't see the reason to jump a screw. The two dogs were quite happy in the supercab I had before.

I would think that Ford puts the 36 gallon tanks on their FX4 series, it would bolt right into the frame for the raptor. The skip plates might change... easy fix there if had to fab some heavy duty ones up. But good ole mr computer in the dash might have a small "freak out" when the gas tank is different.

Wondering if anyone has fathomed the idea... or gone about it? Plenty of the threads about MPG, but no swaps for longer fuel range.

I tend to work in areas where cans of extra fuel would run away in the bed. So looking at the bigger tank option.

Reaction score
good point, the screw has a long frame and the scab has the shorter bed then the fx with a 6 1/2 foot bedbox.

Thanks for keeping me straight.

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Old thread but are we certain they can't be swapped or is their an alternative option?

These guys make some good stuff. My uncle bought a 50 gallon tank for his SD but it hangs down about 1.5". They make custom stuff but I'm not sure how much, if any, they can increase the SCab capacity and I bet it's not cheap. A 50 gallon for the SD, that they stock, is around $1000.

http://www.aerotanks.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk