Fuel Tank Swap Scab 36 gallon tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bird - you obviously live at work. Life of a cruise ship captain. LOL.

And I've heard Altoid's tins are perfect for keeping the handle locked when fueling?

I've also been browsing for another fuel tank option, but I don't think any of the normal players have entered the Raptor market yet.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That extra 10 gallons would come in handy when I drive back home to see my family. I am about 30 miles short of making it there every time. I just got a fuel economy tune from 5 star I hope that will give me the extra miles. We will see next time I drive back.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford Large Capacity Diesel Fuel Tanks for Pickup Trucks ~ TITAN Diesel Fuel Tanks: The Leader in Aftermarket Fuel Tanks

I put the 65 gallon tank in my F350. Make sure to get the skid plate =)

163295_1562935478226_1380518276_31396994_4424673_n.jpg

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
Meh, don't mind fewer trips to the gas station, and 60 extra lbs isn't exactly noticeable. Only bummer is that many gas stations in CA have been ordered to remove their hold-open fuel nozzles. May be in the market for a giant binder clip the trend continues.

I hate that the gas pumps in NY are like that, where they took off the latch that holds in place. That and when there is a $50 cut off and you have to re-swipe your card to continue pumping. When gas is as expensive as it is even my car can't fill up completely because of that shut-off. GAY!!!!:flipthebird: i think thats the card companies not just NY, but i hate NY so i will blame it on them.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That extra 10 gallons would come in handy when I drive back home to see my family. I am about 30 miles short of making it there every time. I just got a fuel economy tune from 5 star I hope that will give me the extra miles. We will see next time I drive back.

I'm interested to hear how the 5 star economy tune works for you. I'm not unhappy with my mileage, but the only way I can justify the money for a tune right now is if it pays some of its cost back. It's really tempting since 5 Star has good feedback from everyone.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear how the 5 star economy tune works for you. I'm not unhappy with my mileage, but the only way I can justify the money for a tune right now is if it pays some of its cost back. It's really tempting since 5 Star has good feedback from everyone.

I got his performance tune running right now and it is amazing. Runs the way it should have came stock. He has a group buy going so I decided to get it then. You can get up to 3 tunes so I thought why not get an economy tune too. Just the performance tune seems to be getting better gas mileage when I don't have my foot on the floor. If you are going to get a tune Mike at 5 star is great to work with.