Fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fill mine up all the time while it is running with the AC on full blast. Never had any issues that have been described above.

That is interesting.. Plot thickens.. When you put the nozzle in the fill tube do you hear the vacuum noise?
Do you fill up to one click or completely fill the tank?

Maybe change in model years. What year?

Looks like I need to do some more investigating..

Updated:
Just put white plastic adapter in the fill neck while truck was running with a full tank. No noise and I left the truck running with it in, no MIL or codes. Maybe when the trucks tank is low or near empty. I will try it in 364 miles..

-Greg

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is interesting.. Plot thickens.. When you put the nozzle in the fill tube do you hear the vacuum noise?
Do you fill up to one click or completely fill the tank?

Maybe change in model years. What year?

Looks like I need to do some more investigating..

-Greg

So, I just got messaged back from a friend he is a calibrator at Ford and hes not familiar with any vacuum system to run fuel monitor. Hes going to ask the guys in F150 cal monday

OP
OP
BIGt0007

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate havin to bounce 5 gal cans around in the bed, cause I have my shit back there! And they always leak no matter what I do. I'm sure as hell not gonna drive slower! So I thought a larger tank or bed mount tank would do it. I guess I can get a transfer tank and pump into the factory tank when I run low.
Just thinkin out.
Any tips before I go get one?

i got my Raptor used and when I first saw the funnel I thought it was one of those things the ladies pee in while on a road trip. I didn't want to touch it! Thinkin the last owner left it in there. Stupid me!

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate havin to bounce 5 gal cans around in the bed, cause I have my shit back there! And they always leak no matter what I do. I'm sure as hell not gonna drive slower! So I thought a larger tank or bed mount tank would do it. I guess I can get a transfer tank and pump into the factory tank when I run low.
Just thinkin out.
Any tips before I go get one?

i got my Raptor used and when I first saw the funnel I thought it was one of those things the ladies pee in while on a road trip. I didn't want to touch it! Thinkin the last owner left it in there. Stupid me!

I agree on you with the gas cans in the back. I have a extra 10 gallon spun aluminum tank from my buggy that I plan on mounting in the bed cage when I get it made. I havent decided how I will transfer the fuel to the truck tank... Most likely I will get a fuel switch and use that to open the truck tank, I have a in tank pump in the buggy tank. I still have some things to work out...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree on you with the gas cans in the back. I have a extra 10 gallon spun aluminum tank from my buggy that I plan on mounting in the bed cage when I get it made. I havent decided how I will transfer the fuel to the truck tank... Most likely I will get a fuel switch and use that to open the truck tank, I have a in tank pump in the buggy tank. I still have some things to work out...

Talk to Corey and Jarrett (RPG) about it, I know they have talked about it at TRR. Making between rear frame (bronco 2) aux tank for the Raptor.

-Greg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fill mine up all the time while it is running with the AC on full blast. Never had any issues that have been described above.

X2... Did it today. Heard the noise when I stuck it in today (that sounded dirty). It was hot ac going but no codes. But then I never fill mine up $$$$

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2... Did it today. Heard the noise when I stuck it in today (that sounded dirty). It was hot ac going but no codes. But then I never fill mine up $$$$

The government will not allow the fuel vapor to vent to atmosphere anymore so, The pressure that gets built up in the fuel system must go somewhere. When you stick the nozzle in to fill up the vapor must go into the canister so it can be captured. The canister vent control opens and lets the vapor into the canister... I think the noise you are hearing is the release of pressure not the sound of a vacuum...