Fuel Pump??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanchy21MIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is starting to have issues starting. I think my fuel pump is starting to go bad. I have already checked my Fuel Pump fuse and it looks fine. I just got a new Optima red top battery so I know its not the battery. So only thing left would be my fuel pump....right?

So if I do need a new fuel pump what is the best fuel pump out there for this truck. I have only heard of anyone mentioning the Livernois Fuel pump, but are there any other better fuel pumps out there?

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
My truck is starting to have issues starting. I think my fuel pump is starting to go bad. I have already checked my Fuel Pump fuse and it looks fine. I just got a new Optima red top battery so I know its not the battery. So only thing left would be my fuel pump....right?

So if I do need a new fuel pump what is the best fuel pump out there for this truck. I have only heard of anyone mentioning the Livernois Fuel pump, but are there any other better fuel pumps out there?

I've heard good things about howe, i havent used it my self but have heard a lot of positive for the product.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd still replace the infamous fuse 27. My truck started having starting issues and I initially didnt change it out because it looked fine. I swapped it out since nothing else was working, and that did the trick. I put a mini fuse in replacing the small micro fuse because it has thicker tangs on it and Im hoping that stops the issue for good. I may still have to do a fuse relocation kit, but so far, so good.

Heres a link to the post to see if it is the same issue you are having;
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/cold-starting-issue-54148/