Front Stock Fox vs Fox 3.0 vs Icon 3.0 vs King 3.0: Dyno Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this information. This is the kind of breakdown and information I've been looking for while considering what I want to replace my factory shocks with. I've got almost 70K miles on them and know I'll have to change them out within the year.

what he said^^^^
Thank you Big J.

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write up! Thanks for the hours of hard work it must have took to compile this datum.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jay, thanks - this is exactly what us technical guys love to see. I didn't get a chance to finish reading the whole post yet, but had a few questions. Forgive me if they are in you post, just tell me to go finnish reading it.

1) were the Fox 3.0's new out of the box, or did they have an RPG tune to them?

2) the front shocks have height adjustments available, were all the shocks on bottom perch, so to speak?

Thanks,
Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great info very helpful. I think the Fox 3.0 and the Icons are at the top of my list mostly because of the on truck feedback I have gotten and read about on the forums. This test data has helped to solidify my thoughts and has given me better perspective. There are some great shock options out there and in reality most of us will buy what seems to fit our wishes and driving style.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Nitrous Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, incredible write up BigJ, thank you for providing an un-biased test that readers can infer their own opinions from.

Great work

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks J!!!

Great info and great writeup, I'll be geeking out over the facts and data you compiled for a while.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is really well done! I love reading this stuff.

This makes my choices even harder based on this information, I would pick one company for my RallyX adventures, and another company for my DD and offroad adventures.

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jay, thanks - this is exactly what us technical guys love to see. I didn't get a chance to finish reading the whole post yet, but had a few questions. Forgive me if they are in you post, just tell me to go Finnish reading it.

2) the front shocks have height adjustments available, were all the shocks on bottom perch, so to speak?

Thanks,
Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

same questions. and where the shock cycled to reach normal operation temps before the tests?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
J, this is freaking awesome. Thanks for getting us this information.
That is a good point. Based on some discussions with Corey at TRR, he indicated that Fox was using the RPG tune on their shocks. I am not sure if he meant rear only or both front and rear. Would be good info for this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts