Front Receiver Trailer Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wicked was just closing when I built mine I used there design to create the design I built. Mine was probably heavier duty as I went with HSS materials and used a thicker plate. The most important thing to do is use grade 10 bolts to the frame. Nothing like seeing the winch come flying through to grill..

OP
OP
LittlEvil

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I can verify that the WARN 68680 does not fit the Raptor. It bolts up perfectly but the hitch comes out at half the lower air damn and half the bumper. I was not willing to cut my bumper like that. Now I will order the Curt to give that one a try. Will be a bit due to the fact I need Amazon to refund me my $$ before purchasing. As soon as I order and attempt an install I'll get back to you guys on the prognosis. I wish Wicked was still around, would have made this whole process so much easier and cheaper.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it does not fit. I suspected that might be the outcome. Thanks for trying. I think I will end up fab'ing my own to align where I prefer.

R,
HAP

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Little Evil,
Check out Cabelas.com for front mounted receiver hitches. There are hundreds of surf fishermen that use the front receiver hitches to carry coolers and rod holders for surfcasting. Also Bass Pro, LLBean, and other sport fishing suppliers. Here on Long Island many of the trailer supply business' carry front hitches too....
Eddie

OP
OP
LittlEvil

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Eddie! I have been doing a ton of research as I would like to get a winch on a cradle and have mobility of front or rear recovery. The problem with most of the front receivers is that they now make the point of contact below the bumper, and with the Raptor that would be a problem in 2 ways. 1) to low and greatly reduces approach angles 2) Skid plate is in the way. I have called a few places and they quoted me $600 for a custom build, which I in no way can afford. The only place I can see this working is threw the lower air damn like Wicked built. Another problem I have noticed is that Curt and companies like them make a Ford F150 front receiver but F150s don't have the front skid plate, so this is going to have to be a custom fit, from what I can tell. Im going to keep giving it a shot till I find the correct one and when I do Ill pass the info along to you guys. Right now the shipping $$ are starting to kill me so I may slow down a bit. Also, I might travel to a trailer hitch place near me in Oakland and see what they say.

OP
OP
LittlEvil

LittlEvil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I had your skill/confidence in welding @Icecobra. I know my bead would look really nice lol but I can just see my bumper launching off during a good mud rescue. Not sure if you want to make a second one, but if you do I could pay you for your time and material.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I had your skill/confidence in welding @Icecobra. I know my bead would look really nice lol but I can just see my bumper launching off during a good mud rescue. Not sure if you want to make a second one, but if you do I could pay you for your time and material.

I might maybe could,,, have to think on it a bit...