Front Receiver Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MontRaptor

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have searched and searched and can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Does anyone know where I can find a front receiver hitch that comes out of the lower grill area (similar to what Wicked used to make)?

I have seen some models by Curt available, but they drop down low - requiring hacking up the skid plate.

Anyone have any ideas?

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 2013. I bought a Curt for a Ecoboost and mounted it upside down and it comes out perfect behind the lower grille. It's been about a year since I did it so I would have to look at it again to see exactly what I had to do but as I recall I had to cut a small piece off the hitch bracket on each side, remove the thin metal strip underneath the tow hook on the skid plate, and the skid plate ends up being about a 1/4" lower in front but once its done you would never notice it without having another Raptor to compare it too.

The Curt hitch is designed to have 3 bolts mounting it on each side but I only used 2 of them on each side but It is still very solid. I only mounted it to be able to put a cargo carrier on the front of the truck. The hitch is recessed behind the grille a couple of inches so I used a hitch extender on it to get it out past the grille. My state requires a front plate so I bought a Curt license plate mount and keep it plugged into the hitch when its not in use so you can't really even see it.

Works perfect for my use.