Freak Accident or Weakness Found? Wheel Speed Sensor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For the record, I never said "flaw". :) In my opinion, this is a freak thing that exposed a weakness that should be strengthened up, given the ramifications of the failure on the trail, and given how easy it would seem to be to protect against it.

To that end... I've got some good news. Ryan of ADD contacted me and I'll be sending him the old broken sensor ASAP. They're going to design a plate to protect it, and offer 'em up for sale for a very reasonable (and relatively cheap!) price. Stay tuned... Sounds like Ryan wants to get something designed and in production right away.

Thanks ADD!!

Reaction score
Hey guys. We are making a sheild protector piece for this problem. It will bolt right up and super easy install. should be ready in a week or 2. Let me know if you are interested in one.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, Dan's right Ryan. We'll need two, one for each side. The sensor I'm sending you is from the rear passenger side. We'll need one for the rear driver side as well. I can get you pics of the driver side if it would help?

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. We are making a sheild protector piece for this problem. It will bolt right up and super easy install. should be ready in a week or 2. Let me know if you are interested in one.

Now that's what I call prompt service!:thumbsup:

I'll take a pair as well.
Will these shields utilize the stock bolt or will longer bolts be included with the shields?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, Dan's right Ryan. We'll need two, one for each side. The sensor I'm sending you is from the rear passenger side. We'll need one for the rear driver side as well. I can get you pics of the driver side if it would help?

I haven't looked under the truck since this thread was started so I'll ask what could be a dumb question - why don't we need 4 of these, one at each wheel?

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked under the truck since this thread was started so I'll ask what could be a dumb question - why don't we need 4 of these, one at each wheel?

Dan, it looks like it's pretty well protected, the sensor cable routes between the steering knuckle and the disc brake shield.
I couldn't see the actual sensor at all even when looking from the opposite side from the camera view.
Thats the passenger side front wheel.

IMG_0461.jpg

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^Thanks GTS. I just got done crawling around under there to double check and answer Dan's question. I agree completely with your comments/opinion; the fronts are REALLY well protected. The rears, on the other hand, could use a little ADD lovin...