Ford Workers Contemplating STRIKE!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would NOT bode well for the '12 build dates at all!

Just saw this on the web: Ford Strike

In every year of a new contract this always happens... I only saw one strike and that was many years ago and it ended quick. They will figure out and not strike... No way does Ford want or need this... Now having said that Alan Mulally did this shit when he was Boeing and let thousands go but, with this economy and the way Ford is headed I still dont think so and the UAW is much stronger than the air workers were...

Fordx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** them. Let them all quit. In this economy plenty will be willing to work if they are not. Working is privilege not a right.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would suspect that they will not let the strike happen. I know that they are very proud of NOT taking the bailout and that is what is going to keep them going forward...

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add to what I said Ford's salaried retirement and health costs, are fully funded and, they no longer own the hourly retirement fund or their health cost, the union is in charge of both... As always they have to start the initiate the strike but no way will Bill Jr let them strike...

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being in a "trade union" myself, I agree. Because you are in a collective bargaining agreement (union) does not give you a right to a ( imho "overpaid" ) job. These "unions" give all unions/trade unions a bad name.
Don't get me wrong I am for "trade unions", but sickened by "unions" (example UAW, Teamsters, players unions, etc) There is a world of difference between the two. Even though they get lumped together all the time.

Unions always go out of the way to screw the employer. And in many cases cause the employer to close shop and go else where.

Trade unions work with the employers to keep and gain market share and in the end hire more union employees.

UAW always screams buy American, drive American and keep America alive. While at the same time manufacturers are outsourcing more and more because of higher demanded cost UAW labor, pensions, healthcare, and agreements.

The UAW and other "unions" are shooting themselves in the foot. I don't feel sorry for them, they are creating this problem. How long do you think the manufactures are going to keep paying $50 per hour plus benefits for someone to bolt on tires?

(sorry, I'll get off my soap box now, return to your lives citizens)

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and of course it says they may strike on sept 14..... 5 days before my build date.... thanks *******! :flipthebird:

yes i know they probably wont, but still gives me one more thing to worry about.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and of course it says they may strike on sept 14..... 5 days before my build date.... thanks *******! :flipthebird:

yes i know they probably wont, but still gives me one more thing to worry about.

Ha ha ha... relax there... life is to much fun to worry about that which you have no control of... lol