Ford ESP - Price increase

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I went to Flood Ford ESP website to look at pricing on ESP plans. And noticed this.

Ford has increased pricing. Price increase comes 10/2/2014. Lock in today. Increase is $60-$200, depending on plan.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or just a tactic to get you to hurry up and purchase?

I did notice that if your truck has less than 1yr/12k miles, then it is $100 less for the 7yr/125k premiumCARE coverage. Then anything from 12,001 to 36,000 is the same price.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Follow-up. I called Ford directly. The price increase is legit and does go into effect on Oct 2nd. I also called them to ask about First Day Rental coverage and Enhanced Rental Coverage. I thought perhaps they build on each other.

Just the normal ESP covers a rental just not immediately on day 1. If your vehicle is in the shop for a 2nd day then the normal ESP provides a rental up to 10 days (a rental valued at $30 per day, whatever that might be). Enhanced just gives you a better rental car on day 2 valued up to $75 per day but still for 10 days. If you buy both, you don't get to combine for a $105 rental. I asked what if the repairs go over 10 days. They said usually they make exceptions and let you keep the rental longer.

I choose to get the First Day rental for the $90 extra. I went ahead and purchased the PremiumCARE 7yrs/125k with that rental coverage and $200 deductible for $1705. I hope I end up needing to use it.....