Ford dealership rant!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had the lady take the truck into future ford of Sacramento to get oil Changed tire rotation and air filter and they applied some treatment to the battery terminals. Everything went great and only cost 51 bucks we'll went to hit the remote start at 4:30 in the am fuxker doesn't start I'm like wtf??? Go out there try with key same thing acts like a low battery so I pop the hood. Damn positive connection is loose scramble find an 8 mm tighten it up truck fires right up!!!...

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder - I can document feedback (positive or negative) about any experience you have with a dealership. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include; I'll get this entered in our system for the appropriate folks to see.

Crystal

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't leave us hanging man! This ain't the Fox series 24! What happened next????

When I got to the dealer to look at it, it actually didn't fall to the ground. It fell off the hoist pads that were under the frame. It bent the rockers pretty bad. I refused the truck 3 times because I wasn't satisfied with the repair. When the body shop manager told me I was being picky, it's only rocker panels and nobody will see it, is when I finally lost my cool. They were gonna call the cops on me, and I guaranteed I would drive thru the doors of the showroom before cops arrived.. Well, cooler heads prevailed and I met with the owner. Picked up truck 3 days later and it was perfect. They even had a fruit basket in the front seat with a gift certificate to a nice restaurant. It should have never gone that far. They were the ones that ****** it up.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just a reminder - I can document feedback (positive or negative) about any experience you have with a dealership. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any specifics you'd like me to include; I'll get this entered in our system for the appropriate folks to see.

Crystal

Does this include canadian dealers? Cause I could write a book.

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was checking out my engine making sure it was still all there after my service the other day and found this hahaha these guys are serious jokers
9519b5db551993dbb570829035c324b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was checking out my engine making sure it was still all there after my service the other day and found this hahaha these guys are serious jokers

Isn't that the o-ring off the oil filter? I've had a couple of interesting experiences at my local Ford dealership myself. Nice people but I am more than happy to do the oil changes and tire rotations. Which leads me to the seeing my old oil filter gasket/o-ring still on the mount housing when I went to put the new filter on at the last oil change. Weird right? Honestly I prefer to do my own maintenance, especially since I've been a wrench turner for 25+ years and an FAA A&P mechanic to boot, so I tend to be **** retentive on the small stuff. But sometimes when I'm being lazy the dealership has added to my tool collection. LOL

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, if it was the O ring from the currently installed filter it would be accompanied by 1-7 quarts of oil.
I am impressed by the clean skid plate, the first couple of oil changes left me with a skid plate dripping oil everywhere.
Apparently, they did some "training" and now they make sure its clean before I get it back.

OP
OP
str8fast

str8fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the o-ring off the oil filter? I've had a couple of interesting experiences at my local Ford dealership myself. Nice people but I am more than happy to do the oil changes and tire rotations. Which leads me to the seeing my old oil filter gasket/o-ring still on the mount housing when I went to put the new filter on at the last oil change. Weird right? Honestly I prefer to do my own maintenance, especially since I've been a wrench turner for 25+ years and an FAA A&P mechanic to boot, so I tend to be **** retentive on the small stuff. But sometimes when I'm being lazy the dealership has added to my tool collection. LOL

Yah it is probably off the old one. I have only taken two vehicles too a shop to have any work done one being a 1997 cobra I owned...had a clutch done (was working like crazy no time to do it myself) and this raptor both a huge mistake. The shop that did the clutch broke the throwout bearing retainer on tranny and gave it back to me this way as soon as I drove off and got to about 45 started rattling like crazy. Needless to say I need to sack it up and do my own shit