Ford Closes Dearborn plant for 1 week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
So my raptor was due to be built this week. No new information from Ford 800# or my dealer. Was checking online and notice a comment about Ford closing their Dearborn Plant on 25 January where the F-150 line is made, so it includes the raptor, because they are short on the new eco-boost engine and parts. It also said from looking around that the plant will re-open on 31 January.

Anyone have any other information about this?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i heard they were stopping Raptor production for a while. am i misinformed?

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reading over on blueovalforums that its a 5.0L engine shortage (crankshaft) that caused the DTP shutdown. Rumor is the shutdown at DTP may go on another week ...

0121010958.jpg

OP
OP
D

delt530

U.S. Army Captain
Reaction score
my order status still shows "in production" but it has been that for a week. Actual build week was scheduled for 24JAN, and 26JAN it said sent to plant. but now i read it is closed on 25-31jan. the article said it was the new eco-boost engine/parts shortages that caused the plant to close. "anticipated" to reopen 31jan.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
That is a bummer. At least the 31st is right around the corner.

I would hate to be the supplier responsible for shutting down production. The company I work for is a tier-3 (low level) supplier to Ford and several other auto makers. The contracts we have to sign are crazy when it comes to shutting them down. Basically the supplier must compensate the manufacturer for all costs incurred do to the shut down. A 1-week shut down would cost many millions. Thankfully we have never had that problem but we do carry a seperate insurance policy just in case.