First year models that bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The list of complaints with the 2015's is high. Everything from electronic bugs to fit and finish. I'd pass and wait until the 2018 is released. That allows the Ford techs some wrench time before having to fix a truck they've never worked on too.

Another brilliant post filled with insight and good ideas!

* Never buy a new vehicle - give the mfr several years to "get it right" and give the techs learning time so they know how to fix all the problems

* Never buy a new computer - always wait until the next new model that you shouldn't buy because it's new. Always wait until the next one (not that next one but the one after that) because that new model will be even better.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I could not imagine what kind of artificial sound making will be necessary for the 2017 to make it sound like a v8.

Imagine that. Technology that makes sounds. Kind of like when you made that motorboat noise when you were 3 years old.

It probably will be faster but there is something so cool about romping on that 6.2 liter through the rough stuff.

For sure! Only a 6.2 liter can "romp through the rough stuff" - no V6 twin turbo with 450+HP could "romp" like that.

It growls and snarls, scooting itself over monstrous mud holes and terrain.

There's NOTHING like "growls and snarls!"

growl_snarl.jpg

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '10 and have had zero issues. Will that trend continue with the '17? Maybe. My concern is there are a lot more new things added in addition to the usual Raptor bits.
Would I buy one? Yeah, I probably would.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The twin turbo v6 in a truck just does not do it for me. Too many things to go wrong with it when trashing it thoroughly. Although I realize most of you do not go off road but making torque down low is a big deal with towing and hauling.

If they put a v8 option to it then I would consider it but how well do turbos spool under water or in mud? I can answer this not very well.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At what point are we going to be able to state our opinions about these topics without having to put up with a non-raptor owner and previously banned "member" giving his stupid satire about REAL OWNER'S statements and have to look at his stupid ******* pictures and memes?

Go buy a Raptor, whatever year, and then maybe you can talk shit. Otherwise, go crawl into your Jeep cave and sit by yourself until you can learn to play nicely with others......

:specialed:

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I like the look of the 2017 Raptor? Absolutely! Do I want to pay 60-70K easily for one? Absolutely not when my current suspension setup, along with the dual shock I'm saving for would destroy it off-road. That's what those who use their raptors really care about right? Off-road performance. I'll spend 5-7K on a supercharger and be content. New Raptor will be sweet, no doubt but like others, I'm not a fan of running turbos given the kind of shit I put my truck through. I had open aftermarket intakes along with a ton of bolt-ons on my GTR and had issues with the filters clogging and the car bogging as a result. I'm sure there is a fix for something like that when the new platform comes out but I love the 6.2. Had I wanted to be more environmentally friendly and get better MPGs, I would have purchased a Prius.

MF RAPTOR

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck to get an alignment today and was looking through the fleet of f-150's and damn 2015 king ranches with money off are still going for 62-64k!? I'm sure a fully loaded raptor is gonna take the spot as the most expensive trim for the f150s, but damn when it's all said and done you could've bought a gen 1 Roush brand new [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk