First Stuck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man! My Buddy was out playing and got stuck, knowing that I love the adventure, he called me up...I was doomed from the word go. It is mothers day, so I had to get special permission to go out and play. Got the green light and headed out with my daughter in tow.

On arrival I noticed that he found the softest sand in the UAE, so I knew that the Raptor was going to feel real heavy out there...The other rig was an Explorer and he was only 75 yards off the road. I picked the wrong approach line to get to him, almost got stuck right then...Got it together, hooked up to him and picked another **** poor line! It took all of 3 seconds to bury her down to the doors.

Luckily a Local with a Patrol was near by. It was heart breaking to ask for assistance, but hey, it is better than digging! The Emirati was a professional, much more seasoned than I, and had me unstuck in no time...Went back for another go at the explorer and the Raptor performed successfully in round 2.

Lesson learned = A lot more patience, and a lot less throttle!

Great time for sure.

OP
OP
Bink1109

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made all sorts of rookie mistakes! I have been playing in the dunes for almost 4 years, and truly know better...but the Raptor has so much more ability than the YJ, Disco, and Explorer, that I usually run so I got a little arrogant and paid...I chose not to Air Down, did not pre-run any lines, and ultimately learned the hard way.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was stuck all day Friday. Got high centered twice! My lesson learned was that 4 low is not always going to make things worse, turn off traction control and manual shift in the really soft stuff.
And I air down to around 10 on the stockers. They are ok as long as you don't try to drift. Ask me how I know:snoopfacepalm:

Last edited:

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air down is a good idea but don't go to low or you can pop a bead or worse... The stack tires should stay close to 20 psi because of sidewall flex... Too much flex can be a very bad thing...

20! I couldn't even move when I went out in the soft stuff at 20 psi. Maybe it was Traction control?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note taken. I usually just put it in sport mode and only lock the diff when I'm at an obstacle. I'll give 20 psi another go with your suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hit the off road mode button by your switches and push and hold the tc button. you should be fine. (if needed, got to 15-16psi)