First SP Channge Since Super Charging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to change my spark plugs since I'm just over 20K miles since installing the Roush Stage 2 SC. Following JDM's recommended change schedule and gapping specs, I forgot just how much of a pain it is to access the #7&8 upper plugs with the SC installed. The TB curved runner sits right over those two plugs and I had to re-live the agony of removing the runner, which for me, was the hardest part of the whole SC install. Not looking forward to doing it again in 20K miles.
But after it was all buttoned back up, it runs so much smoother. The only thing I noticed was #5 upper plug had a some green corrosion on the wire connection. Took right at 5.5 hours for me.

R,
HAP

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Decided to change my spark plugs since I'm just over 20K miles since installing the Roush Stage 2 SC. Following JDM's recommended change schedule and gapping specs, I forgot just how much of a pain it is to access the #7&8 upper plugs with the SC installed. The TB curved runner sits right over those two plugs and I had to re-live the agony of removing the runner, which for me, was the hardest part of the whole SC install. Not looking forward to doing it again in 20K miles.
But after it was all buttoned back up, it runs so much smoother. The only thing I noticed was #5 upper plug had a some green corrosion on the wire connection. Took right at 5.5 hours for me.

R,
HAP

Thanks for the update, HAP!

I have the Gen 3 Whipple unit on order. Should be going in for the install sometime next month. Plan is to have plugs replaced at the same time. Anything else I should think about doing? Plug wires?

OP
OP
HAP

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I remember 20K unless I miss under stood during my conversation with JDM. 30K would be even better.

Truckzor, I would just make sure you go with the plug heat range recommended by tour tuner.

R,
HAP

20K? I thought it's 30K miles.

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I remember 20K unless I miss under stood during my conversation with JDM. 30K would be even better.

Truckzor, I would just make sure you go with the plug heat range recommended by tour tuner.

R,
HAP

Looks like you are right @ 20K... do wish it's 30k though.