First move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RushingSlow

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Is it worth it Volant and throttlerbody spacer as a first move for my 2013?
I was unlucky to find a thread for this , just not to ask the same question again
thanks

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you

I have an opportunity to buy a Volant and the Spacer for a fraction of the price and wasn't sure if is worth it

I don't have any experience with the spacer so I can't say, but the gain from the CAI will be minimal. With that being said, getting those items for a significant discount increases the bang for your buck.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Don't bother with the Volant or spacer. Just get the pedal commander and be done.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't rush at all, @RushingSlow. Throttle body spacers are reviled as snake oil by all but their manufacturers, and I have read that Volant filters tend to slowly disintegrate over time. As for the Pedal Commander, they are also not without their difficulties.

Don't be in a hurry to modify your ride. Done wrong, you're just marking territory. (Yes, that's exactly what I mean.) Take your time, do independent research, ask questions when your research raises questions, and remember the difference between opinion, mere fact, and truth.

OP
OP
RushingSlow

RushingSlow

Reaction score
Ruger, thanks ��
Just cut my wings.
Suppose to pick up the Volant and the Spacer today, I guess won't happen anymore .
I also have an 2014Grand Cherokee SRT, and that's the main reason I wanna make my Raptor little bit awake and joyful . I don't really compare them, but I kinda do .
For what I read here, the Pedal Commander will be the first step .
Don't want nothing crazy as this truck is my work truck.

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the Volant CAI system on my truck, with stock exhaust. It does have noticeable noise under the hood during acceleration and I did not care for it. I cut the tube and put the box back on to stop it. Like you, got mine for a deal so kept it, little to no improvement in power or mileage