First issue, Won't Start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1FRFan

Reaction score
Question on the MAF connector? is your MAF connector, the wire with the cap that connects to the MAF, does it fit tight on your MAF to where it is snug and it don't wiggle side to side if you try to move it? I notice that on mine, it fits and snap and it also has the red tang on the bottom to lock it in, but it is very loose and it wiggles side to side. I can grab the wire right at the base of the connector and move the wire side to side and it moves the connector while plugged into the MAF. Just wanted to see if your is the same or maybe this might be part of the problem.

went home during lunch and started the truck. it started fine and drove it around the block. didn't show the symptoms, but I did not want to drive it to work and risk getting stranded. I will do that after work. I will also clean the MAF again and TB. Thanks.

OP
OP

1FRFan

Reaction score
Well, after a second cleaning of the MAF sensor on Friday after I got home, the truck performed well for the entire weekend. It did not give me issues at all. I will keep posting if the issue continues to pop up.

Hopefully that is the end of this one, but I have a feeling that the MAF's loose connection is playing a part on it, but we'll see.

thanks for all the help.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question on the MAF connector? is your MAF connector, the wire with the cap that connects to the MAF, does it fit tight on your MAF to where it is snug and it don't wiggle side to side if you try to move it? I notice that on mine, it fits and snap and it also has the red tang on the bottom to lock it in, but it is very loose and it wiggles side to side. I can grab the wire right at the base of the connector and move the wire side to side and it moves the connector while plugged into the MAF. Just wanted to see if your is the same or maybe this might be part of the problem.

went home during lunch and started the truck. it started fine and drove it around the block. didn't show the symptoms, but I did not want to drive it to work and risk getting stranded. I will do that after work. I will also clean the MAF again and TB. Thanks.

My connector is also loose. I hate to admit it but the first time I changed the oil on my work truck ('14 STX with a Coyote) I snapped that little bastard reaching for the oil filter. My Raptor looks like somebody did the same, it shouldn't be an issue as long as the locking tab stays in place...but something to keep an eye on.

Well, after a second cleaning of the MAF sensor on Friday after I got home, the truck performed well for the entire weekend. It did not give me issues at all. I will keep posting if the issue continues to pop up.

Hopefully that is the end of this one, but I have a feeling that the MAF's loose connection is playing a part on it, but we'll see.

thanks for all the help.

Awesome, good to hear!