Fire Extinguishers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's safer than halon, at least you can cover nose/mouth with your sleeve with dry chem.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do not mount a halguard/halon extinguisher in your cab. You can't use it on a fire while you are stuck inside you will suffocate yourself. Dry chem is a much safer choice for in cab use.

And here is my mount.

d43a9ae425fa4514de3128884d2b11a0.jpg

You are correct: Don't use Halon in a enclosed space and remain in it!
You set it off and get the hell out of there! Close the door behind you to trap the Halon in the cap.
Don't use Dry chemicals inside it will F up everything electrical.
Using Halon in the open is useless; yes it will ***** the fire out for a moment, but unless any ignition source is gone the fire will reignite within moments.
Dry chemical will remain in place and continue disrupting the fire triangle until removed.

D

Deleted member 12951

Do not mount a halguard/halon extinguisher in your cab. You can't use it on a fire while you are stuck inside you will suffocate yourself. Dry chem is a much safer choice for in cab use.

Good info that I was not aware of. I got the HalGuard's because of it being "clean". I sent an email to H3Performance and wondering what their response will be.

OP
OP
Aramco Raptor

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to go with 2 CO2 and 1 dry chem. That should cover me just fine.

They will all be mounted in the bed...to the bed extender for now...until a bed cage goes in.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You set it off and get the hell out of there! Close the door behind you to trap the Halon in the cap.
Using Halon in the open is useless; yes it will ***** the fire out for a moment, but unless any ignition source is gone the fire will reignite within moments.
Dry chemical will remain in place and continue disrupting the fire triangle until removed.

All good points!!!

Given the choice between burning alive and messing up the interior of my truck I choose messing up my truck. CO2 extinguisher may be the safest in the cab for the truck but I would rather have a dry chem incase something other than electronics is on fire.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a zip tie attached to one of my Halon bottles; should there be a fire in the cap I pull the pin and hold back the trigger with the zip tie and get out.
I also have two dry chemical extinguishers in the bed of the truck.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good info.