Fed up with Smittybuilt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I got my mount from you but haven't installed it yet and still have the box. Anything can be done?

I can fix it for you if you get it to havoc.
Are you going or can someone bring it for you?

Guys I will be out of communication for a while but will try and check in.
I'll be at SDBR then heading to Colorado Springs and Utah for family vacation.

D

Deleted member 12951

I can fix it for you if you get it to havoc.

Are you going or can someone bring it for you?

I am not.
But what are you fixing, putting the felt on the rivets? Or do you have a solution for the straps and how they hook?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I am not.
But what are you fixing, putting the felt on the rivets? Or do you have a solution for the straps and how they hook?

I would be swapping the rivets around, putting the part that is scratching the tank on the outside and smooth side on the inside.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in love with my powertank, I almost jumped on the Smittybuilt tank, but i was at an off-road exp here in Sacramento and ran across the Powertank booth, as i was looking at them, two different guys passing by both told me to go for it. I said i was thinking about this or the smittybuilt, they both said stay away from Smittybuilt. The other thing that sold me on Powertank, they are from Lodi, CA...30 minute drive from my house.

Also, i'm sure there are people out there that have had a bad Powertank, but it's all in how the company deals with it with you.

But kudos to @IRONMAN for helping out regardless of if you bought it from him or not.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, been out of town.
All your info has been sent to my supplier and they are contacting Smitty to try and get this resolved for you.
Check you email to see if they reply and let me know.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir