Factory warranty conming to an end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like the title say my factory warranty is coming to an end. I am looking to get a extended warranty. What's the best route to go? Get the Ford one or another aftermarket one.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like the title say my factory warranty is coming to an end. I am looking to get a extended warranty. What's the best route to go? Get the Ford one or another aftermarket one.

Definitely Ford. I went with a aftermarket one on another Ford vehicle before and regretted it. It wasn't worth the couple of hundred bucks I saved.

D

Deleted member 12951

Can you get extended warranty after it expires? Mine ended almost 35000 miles ago???

According to @bmacked the Ford can be purchased after the factory expires. I've never found that with places that sell it online but he said it can be found elsewhere. I have to imagine that it will be pricey considering what it cost when its in warranty, so not sure if it might be worth it.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to @bmacked the Ford can be purchased after the factory expires. I've never found that with places that sell it online but he said it can be found elsewhere. I have to imagine that it will be pricey considering what it cost when its in warranty, so not sure if it might be worth it.

Troy Ford is the only one I found who offers ESPs for out of warranty vehicles. They do require a vehicle inspection to be completed at your local Ford or Lincoln dealership.

Ford Extended Warranty

I asked my local service manager to complete the inspection form when I brought the truck in for service. He gladly completed the form and asked if they could have a chance to match the quote warranty price. I spent 10 minutes with the sales manager and he ended up beating my quoted price from the website above.

@CoronaRaptor, I believe 100k miles is the max to qualify for the ESP plans. The plans will be more expensive so you'll need to make the judgement call if its worth it or not. I went for the longest PremiumCare warranty with both extras (1st day rental & key replacement) for the peace of mind.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor I had looked into getting extended warrenty plan when my truck was almost off warrenty i contacted my local deal College ford here (lethbridge alberta) they told me that extended esp wasent offered on SVT vehicles. not sure if thats just here in canada or if they where just blowing smoke to make me go away i was at 98000kms