Factory Raptor Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jskwarek

Reaction score
New to the Raptor world and just picked up a fully loaded '14 Raptor. It has the factory beadlock wheels. Are these true beadlocks, or can I remove the rim without deflating the tires?

TIA, Jason

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong. The factory bead lock wheels come with beauty rings. The real bead lock rings can be purchased separately. Once you reinstall the real bead lock rings you have to re torque them every 500 miles or so.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are beauty rings, you can change them to true beadlocks if you want. They are heavier and they require a bit of maintenance but it takes me 10 minutes to check the torques every other tank.

OP
OP
J

jskwarek

Reaction score
Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. They simply looked like beauty rings but didn't want to pull one and throw the bead.

Jason

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, for further reference, with the newer proper tire machines, you can change tires without removing the beauty rings. Just a FYI.

Tell that to the ford tech that scratched my beauty ring when I had a puncture repaired at the local ford dealership. I even told the service writer to have the tech remove the beauty ring so it wouldn't get damaged. The only good thing was they didn't charge for the scratch.:mad:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell that to the ford tech that scratched my beauty ring when I had a puncture repaired at the local ford dealership. I even told the service writer to have the tech remove the beauty ring so it wouldn't get damaged. The only good thing was they didn't charge for the scratch.:mad:

That sorry ******* needs to not charge for the replacement ring either! I would have the store mangers ear, if that don't work Ford's. Sorry to hear

r1_hauler

Reaction score

Please tell me you went back to the service writer and had them make it right.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me you went back to the service writer and had them make it right.

No I did not. The reason I didn't was because I failed to inspect the wheel when I picked up the truck from the dealership. It simply wasn't worth the effort after the fact.