Factory alarm going off randomly ??!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

During the last two weeks, I've had a big issue with the factory alarm on my '13 Scab going off randomly, with horn and lights waking up the whole neighborhood...Already 4 or 5 times this happened in the middle of the night. Let's just say it's VERY embarassing...

I was wondering if there a way to disable that fu***** thing and if anybody ever had this issue ? Saw someone on FRF speaking of the hood pin, gonna check it ASAP...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ford has also had the reputation of bad door lock mechanisms. its the complete latch and trigger assembly in the door. they have been faulty for years.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try locking it with the keypad at night. Another thread on here said the alarm doesn't sound when locked with keypad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fb73

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try locking it with the keypad at night. Another thread on here said the alarm doesn't sound when locked with keypad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the tips, gonna try it...

After digging on FRF on this issue, I think this may come from that "Hood pin" and needs to investigate this way, but two weeks ago I dropped the truck to a local shop to install a LPG system on my raptor so I guess they worked a lot under the hood and may have bent that pin, causing that weird issue...

Anybody has a pic of that pin so i know where to look at ?