extra fuel tank on 2013 SCAB questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Fuel going bad in a Raptor!

I would think the easiest way to do it is mount it in the spare tire location and have a transfer pump that turns on when you want. Just transfers the fuel in reserve into the standard tank. You would just have to make sure you use the fuel in the fuel cell on a semi-regular basis so it doesn't end up going bad.

Ideally I think you would like to have it automatically transfer fuel into the standard tank.

From my expereince I don't think its possible for fuel to go bad in a Raptor, it gets sucked up by the thirsty 6.2 way to quickly for it to every go bad! I wonder though how the extra weight will effect the handling of the truck being fluid and moving around in the tank at the rear of the truck.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not just get a 36 gallon tank from ford, it's been done on a regular f150. Do a search on F150forum.com to get the part numbers for everything needed for the swap.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because the regular f150 is a foot longer than the scab raptor. 5.5" bed in raptor compared to 6.5" bed on f-150 scab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, you can always carry a five gal. In the bed like most do, whats up did Jessie run out of gas on the commerical ? ( that's your truck right ) and don't even tell me that's your Cobra that Wayne was driving !

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd like the larger tank too, just for the extra mileage. I had it in my old fx4 and it was great. 400+ miles a tank. Now done to 300-325

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's just one of the benefits of the Supercrew. The 36 gallon tank consistently gets 430 miles or more per tank...

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill, you can always carry a five gal. In the bed like most do, whats up did Jessie run out of gas on the commerical ? ( that's your truck right ) and don't even tell me that's your Cobra that Wayne was driving !

Hey there,

Yes that was my truck Jesse is driving and my Cobra that Wayne uses in his commercials. We shot that at Valley of Fire a few months ago. Pics in my profile. I have seen Wayne's stuff but I have not seen Jesse's commercial. Is it good?

I carry a 5 gallon jug now but it would be nice to have an extra 20 or 30 gallons so I won't have to worry on long days.

Thanks!

Bill