extra fuel tank on 2013 SCAB questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my spares in the bed of my 2013 SCAB and my rear exhaust has been removed . . . hence lots of space under my truck. I am thinking about adding an extra 20 gallon fuel cell and wondering if anyone has done this before. What is the best way to plumb it?

Open to all input and suggestions.

Thanks!

Bill

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great question. I've got no answers but look forward to see what you find out.

6.2 - Power To Do More

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've all
Thought about it. Just never did anything about it. Think McManus was closest with his bull run mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
From what I understand there are issues with the evap system and aftermarket tanks. You could always run a small auxiliary tank with a pump and filler nozzle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand there are issues with the evap system and aftermarket tanks. You could always run a small auxiliary tank with a pump and filler nozzle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. If I understand correctly you are suggesting I run a second tank that would feed into the standard tank on command?

Thanks!

Bill

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I believe Titan makes a 30 gallon that mounts in the spare tire location. I think it's for diesel but it may work for both or they may have another for gas. Might be worth a call to see

OP
OP
Bilwil

Bilwil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Titan makes a 30 gallon that mounts in the spare tire location. I think it's for diesel but it may work for both or they may have another for gas. Might be worth a call to see

Thanks I will call them

Bill

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would think the easiest way to do it is mount it in the spare tire location and have a transfer pump that turns on when you want. Just transfers the fuel in reserve into the standard tank. You would just have to make sure you use the fuel in the fuel cell on a semi-regular basis so it doesn't end up going bad.

Ideally I think you would like to have it automatically transfer fuel into the standard tank.