Extended Warranty on used Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dante

Reaction score
Any input on what type of extended warranty I should purchase (or not) for a newly purchased used 2013 Raptor with 34,500 miles?

OP
OP
D

Dante

Reaction score
And out of the four types, is there a certain point where the package is just more of a gimmick with nothing substantial to it with regards to common issues that will be seen?

D

Deleted member 12951

Not sure. I usually never keep a vehicle longer than 3 years but I decided I am going to keep the raptor. This is all more or less a piece of mind purchase. I went with the PremiumCare for 7yrs/125 and the highest deductible, add the first day rental since this my only ride.

Now that I have added quite a few mods, I am not sure what is going to be covered if the dealer wants to be jerks about it. So if you are modding, be careful there when making a decision

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was a huge fan of warranties and purchased the expensive esp from Ford 100k 10 years. I am now trying to cancel this and get a refund. I have been nickel and dimed to death with this warranty and just going to start doing everything myself. I hate dealing with the idiots at the dealers. No matter what you spend you still get treated like you drive a fiesta.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
We have used the hell out of our extended warranty. We have whatever the best one is, 125k miles, $100 deductible. Years don't matter as we're approaching 3 years and almost at 80k with these raptor runs. I think the trick is really to find a good dealer willing to work with you and not blame everything on your mods, some dealers are ridiculous with that crap.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the ESP it is well worth it, I have had the following fixed on my '10 which I purchased with 19k on the clock:

* New sunroof slide assembly
* Replaced aux switches due to loss of detent
* Replaced drivers window control module
* Replaced steering wheel due to red stripe wearing

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I went with the Carmax warranty for 5 Years and 75,000 miles. I've been following a writer and his adventures with his Range Rover and the 6 Year/125,000 mile warranty he bought.

One Year With A Carmax Warranty And An Unreliable Used Car

Doug DeMuro has launched a fun series about the most unreliable car you can buy from Carmax with a warranty... for example.

A Different Kind of Christmas List: 7 Best Unreliable CarMax Cars

The cost of my Maxcare warranty was less than $1200 and it is easier to list what the Maxcare warranty doesn't cover... mostly wear and tear and routine maintenance.

Normally I would only go with a manufacturer warranty because there are so many horror stories on non-manufacturer warranties. I can take my Raptor to my preferred mechanic and pay a $50 deductible or to Carmax and pay no deductible.

I won't have to use it for another 20,000 miles so we'll see how it goes in about two years.