Epic traffic light failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash cam is a Ivue sits on top of the rear view mirror and looks around the side of it.. 32 gig memory card.. it records in 3 minute intervals and writes over the oldest data as it goes... 720p at 60 frames per second.. It also does 1080p at 30fps.. Its about a year old and costs about 149 on amazon..

I couldn't find it on amazon. Could you provide a link? I want to get one and they look really cool

D

Deleted member 12951

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Without hearing from the van driver it'd be hard to tell. It depends on what his light was at. The Tacoma treated the intersection how he should have as a four way stop when he noticed the light was acting up. Unless the van had a green light I'd probably cite him for failure to yield. He clearly wasn't paying attention either. That's a sticky situation.

OP
OP
Icecobra

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without hearing from the van driver it'd be hard to tell. It depends on what his light was at. The Tacoma treated the intersection how he should have as a four way stop when he noticed the light was acting up. Unless the van had a green light I'd probably cite him for failure to yield. He clearly wasn't paying attention either. That's a sticky situation.

To be honest this is how I was thinking.. The driver is not watching the intersection he was watching the 4 runner and when the 4 runner went he looked up and said oh green and gassed it.. He never looked for oncoming traffic..

I have one advantage the 4runner driver came back and said it was flashing red as he went and when he was about half way through the light suddenly turned green..

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The van didn't attempt to stop at all, which tells me he had a solid green. The Taco had a solid red as he entered the intersection. I can't imagine traffic lights screw up like this very often.

I work for a large company who has a lot of vehicles leaving the facility in a short time frame. There's a large intersection, slightly larger than the one in the video. With out any help, traffic can back up for miles, so my company pays to have the local police direct traffic every morning. I would say that 90% of them switch the traffic lights so that they flash. It's the other 10% who just try to direct traffic with the lights doing their normal thing that scares me. I've seen people who follow the lights, not even noticing the police in the center of the intersection. I need a dash cam on my work truck!

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking about cameras, I have three on my work trucks. Curious thing, but with a 32 gb card we record all three cameras for a week.

I may think about putting one on my truck, just for grins and giggles.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you have flashing red lights?! Our lights go green yellow red in that order. Then reset lol

Sent from your girlfriends closet