Engine shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving my 2 day old Silver SCrew and ran over a 4" branch on the road and the engine shut off. Of course it was snowing and raining. Had to walk 3 miles to a phone...no cell service
Tried the ignition key on/off deal. Seems to be no fuel pump shut off button on the Pass side kick panel.

Any ideas?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
sounds to me like you ripped some wiring off the chassis. but i'm no expert.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we need to know what events happened prior to the truck dieing. That would help a lot in trying to find a solution.

OP
OP
H

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we need to know what events happened prior to the truck dieing. That would help a lot in trying to find a solution.

Going 20-25mph on a paved road in the redwoods. Saw a 4 inch diameter branch in the road and ran it over. Small bump and then engine died

OP
OP
H

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Going 20-25mph on a paved road in the redwoods. Saw a 4 inch diameter branch in the road and ran it over. Small bump and then engine died.
Traded relay on the fuel pump. Removed battery cable to try a reset. Tried on/off key reset. Cranks over fine...has oil pressure...3/4 tank fuel

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, no telling..... gotta be something electrical that just gave out, unless something tripped the fuel shut off

rolling over a 4 inch anything shouldn't have caused anything to go wrong. Ford will tow it under warranty..

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
From what I understand you were driving hit a bump vehicle died? how hard of bump? 2011 model year f-150 no longer have fuel inertia aka fuel shut off switch down by the smart junction box. Your raptor screw has a fuel pump shut off feature in the event of a collision moderate to severe. The restraint control moduel (RCM) senses the collision and will automatically shut off the fuel pump. To over ride you basically cycle the key from of off to on position. according to the manual it could take a couple of key cycles to activate the fuel pump. I hope its something simple, keep us posted. GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
H

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs guys!

Hopefully will find out tomorrow at the dealer