Driverside Shackle removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Is there a trick to removing the driverside shackle bolt without lifting the bed? I can't figure out a way to clear the frame when backing it out

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
A.I.I.Raciing

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Just the shackle bolts not the front hanger. There's 2 bolts holding the shackle onto the springs and hanger, theres one on top, one on the bottom. The top one nearest the tire won't clear the frame at bump or droop

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the shackle bolts not the front hanger. There's 2 bolts holding the shackle onto the springs and hanger, theres one on top, one on the bottom. The top one nearest the tire won't clear the frame at bump or droop

Ah I see... I removed the whole spring so I just flipped the spring and shackle down and removed it. I remember thinking dam I am glad I was removing the whole spring cause you cant get the bolt out back there...

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
disconect the shocks and loosen the shackle frame mount bolt- jack it up and the shackle should fold forward enough to slide the bolt out- it need to flop all the way over and if I remember correctly it just clears with some persuation. keep an eye on the brake lines- u might need to dosconnect the bracket on the frame 10mm bolt.