GEN 1 Driver Side Mirror Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact part number and who has best price for replacement mirror...my son shattered it playing wiffle ball this weekend. Looking thru a parts place on internet found about 50 different mirrors for a 2012 F-150, but not sure which is the one thats on our Raptors. It's just the glass I need, everything else good.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealerships look up the part number via your VIN.
It's expensive, and the trim piece that matches the color of your truck does NOT come painted and has to be sent to the paint shop. You can try to remove that piece from the old mirror and put it on the new mirror, but the tabs are reportedly fragile and may not survive the process.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the glass is already broken, he just needs to pop the broken pieces out of the mirror housing and pop in a new one. Should be easy peasy.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked my mirror on the garage wall (very tight fit in there) the other day while backing out and broke the motor, not the glass. Pissed Me OFF!! But I only paid about $80 for the motor, the glass should be cheaper. Its pretty easy to change. It pops in pretty easily and there are some good Youtube videos on it. I think one is done by a parts store that sells the replacement glass too.

OP
OP
Geauxfish

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the glass is already broken, he just needs to pop the broken pieces out of the mirror housing and pop in a new one. Should be easy peasy.

Correct, it was just the outside glass that shattered so just pulling broke glass out and inserting new one...although not sure how it comes out and goes in.

He thinks he is Barry bonds and HanK Aaron, etc.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

A whiffle ball shattered the mirror? Damn...

Yup, one of those small yellow ones the size of ping pong ball...the ones you find at Academy. He hit the ball and bounced off my driver side window into the mirror and shattered it. Didn't notice it till later, but craziest thing...a freakin wiffle ball...go figure!

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I hooked my mirror on the garage wall (very tight fit in there) the other day while backing out and broke the motor, not the glass. Pissed Me OFF!! But I only paid about $80 for the motor, the glass should be cheaper. Its pretty easy to change. It pops in pretty easily and there are some good Youtube videos on it. I think one is done by a parts store that sells the replacement glass too.

Can you send me the link, I looked on youtube but only found the whole mirror assembly install.
I saw where some of the glass could cost over $100. Mine has the small mirror notch, heated, and has the dimmer thingy. They also ask does mirror fold in automatically. So many different types...