Are the ****** bags taking over?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

There are very few raptors where I am. I've only seen maybe 4 or 5 in the last year driving nearby. And think might be the only one of two in my town of 15k.

Don't get waves but then again I forget to way first myself sometimes. I do occasionally get people in other cars drive up besides me and give me a thumbs up, makes me smile.

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in stock form and all you did was write a check for it I could careless about moving my arm, now if they have put some time/money/thought into the truck than yes I'll wave.

My raptor profile picture is old. I've put at least 10k in upgrades into it. But even still I disagree with you. Even if its a stock raptor I would still expect a wave. I mean come on, I drive an old ****** looking corvette and those with 100k super vetts will wave to me first. It's a community thing. The same reason why we are all on this forum.

But that's just one of the points I brought up above. There are plenty more reasons why they seem like ****** bags.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My raptor profile picture is old. I've put at least 10k in upgrades into it. But even still I disagree with you. Even if its a stock raptor I would still expect a wave. I mean come on, I drive an old ****** looking corvette and those with 100k super vetts will wave to me first. It's a community thing. The same reason why we are all on this forum.

But that's just one of the points I brought up above. There are plenty more reasons why they seem like ****** bags.

I hear ya. Not often do I get a wave or anything. I think part of it is living in Michigan or metro Detroit. A lot of these drivers don't own the trucks and are driving it as a company car or for other reasons. I just wait for some one to wave or something first now, because more often than not, they are not "into the raptor."

There is one that is always driving around with its marker lights on, in the middle of the day, and never waives or anything. I don't get it. Its getting to the point, if I don't already know the truck, I am not going to pay attention. Just been a waste of time IMO.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have an Sti and there is no bigger group of ****** bags than the WRX/Sti group. I had a very mild looking Sti (no wing and stock mufflers) in hopes I wouldn't be lumped in with the group. My car was upgraded turbo pro tuned with around 350whp and kids (some adults) with aftermarket mufflers on their stock WRX would race me in a school zone given I'd entertain the idea. Fun car but glad I sold it.

For the Raptor, I've only had one ****** encounter. Just heading to work and a guy with dealer plates on a 12 or older (based on the halogen headlights) was mean mugging me like crazy. Flooring it every few seconds to make it downshift right next to me. Thankfully it only lasted a few miles before I had to turn.

Everyone else I see is 50+ and they don't even know what they have. They like the truck because it has cool fenders, cool grille and a tire that resembles what they saw in their childhood lol.

BTW, I live in Reno. City of about 300k I think...

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on the area of Michigan. In Kalamazoo I have seen about a 1/2 dozen different Raptors most wave or do a thumbs up. Down near the southwest lakeshore area its more rich DBag lake people that don't even what truck they bought it just looked cool to them.

Nodak_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in a town of ~70k and have seen maybe 10 different raptors roaming the streets. I have gotten a wave back from only 1 person...and the guy had out of state plates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idleone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to have an Sti and there is no bigger group of ****** bags than the WRX/Sti group.

Never had a Subby but I would put the BMW group up against any for ****** group of the decade! A vehicle says a lot about a person. I like to think my truck says "I'm a bad ****," so if I don't get a waive I don't lose any sleep.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
This is fine with me. Yeah, it kind of sucks I don't have a very original truck anymore - but there is nothing I can do about that.

We always joke that the people who don't wave back are mad that someone else dares to own a Raptor. We love that other people have Raptors, can look at them all day long and it wouldn't bother us one bit. But we didn't join this club for exclusivity, we just bought a bad ass truck.

I can't speak for up your way as we are only up there for Snoball, but overall we get good wavers around here, then you get that one guy...and you see him a ton of times and he never waves... Joe and I keep flashing our lights and waving just to be obnoxious at this point, think I'll start giving him the air horn followed by a big smile and wave...lol