Door bumper part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one know the part number, name, or general area where to find the rubber door bumper things on the front door of a scab? Ive tried foreparts.com for a couple of hours and can't seem to even get close.

I have a "bouncing door" when i close the door. Kinda sounds like a pogo stick. I already did the surgical tubing mod, but its still there.

Attachments

• IMG_1600.jpg
    IMG_1600.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1602.jpg
    IMG_1602.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 68

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont have a scab so im not trying to be insulting, but is there one mounted on the back door and if there is is it different? wondering if its listed for the back door even though its mounted on the front

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The back door bumper is a lot bigger than the front door and they are a different design. I'm thinking its the front door bumper causing the issue because you can see where the drivers side bumper rubs the drivers back door, and the passengers side front door is not coming in contact with the passenger rear door.

I might as well go to the dealer and ask them to find it if I throw in the towel.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After further inspection (open, close, open, close, open, slam shut, open slowly, shut), I really think its the door latch mechanism. It seems like the back door isn't latching tight. I can actually push the door when its shut and see it wiggle in and out 1/16th of an inch or so.

I hate rattles and OCD.

specsniper

Reaction score
After further inspection (open, close, open, close, open, slam shut, open slowly, shut), I really think its the door latch mechanism. It seems like the back door isn't latching tight. I can actually push the door when its shut and see it wiggle in and out 1/16th of an inch or so.

I hate rattles and OCD.

If it helps I am missing this same "bumper" on my front door and don't have a rattling/loose door. If you happen to find the part number please share as I have not been able to find it either.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it helps I am missing this same "bumper" on my front door and don't have a rattling/loose door. If you happen to find the part number please share as I have not been able to find it either.

Have you guys tried Tasca? I didn't look for this particular part, but they have a lot of Ford stuff that is hard find elsewhere.

Good luck!!!