Don't be Just Another Failure!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Powerstorm line of billet steel oil pump gears are here to bring additional safety to your late model Ford build! The oil pumps on the Ford 4.6/5.4L 2v, 3v and 4v modular, Coyote and 3.5L EcoBoost engines are mounted on the front of the block and driven directly by the crankshaft. This design is OK, but is far from ideal and it does subject the oil pump to all of the harmful harmonics that the crankshaft develops.

The stock oil pump systems also use a range of weak powdered metal gears in them that have an extremely high tendency to fracture and lead to failure when subjected to these abrasive harmonics. Broken oil pump gears will cause a loss in oil pressure, and when oil pressure is lost severe engine damage is eminent.

oilpump_zps34a9f5b7.png

We have seen several cases of Ford builds of all kinds and varying levels of power that have suffered from oil pump failures. Based on this data, we strongly recommended these Powerstorm billet oil pump gears be installed before any significant modifications are added to your car.

q80_w400_h_images_ePIM_original_P04_LPP701126_main.jpg

However, we do not recommend putting new gears in a worn pump. So if you are modifying, rebuilding or repairing a 3.5L, 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L or a 6.2L Ford engine we highly recommend you replace the entire oil pump assembly too. If you want a completely new pump that comes to you with Powerstorm billet oil pump gears already installed just call us today, or visit our site. If you have any other questions feel free to call us at 313-561-5500 or click livernoismotorsports.com

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a new pump fail on me once , was lucky and saw the oil pressure dropping and shut it down . I got a set of these gears/pump and installed and never looked back .

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a new pump fail on me once , was lucky and saw the oil pressure dropping and shut it down . I got a set of these gears/pump and installed and never looked back .

How much??

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much??

Get the complete pump and gears as the pump housing gets grooves in it if they explode and run around inside it . If it doesn't explode itll still have wear marks in side. Worst part is the front of the motor comes off and you have make sure you don't loose timing when you loosen your timing chain tensioners. ITs a big job for someone with not a lot of experience .