GEN 1 Does it bother anyone that the front end is plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad they are composite. A couple years back, we had one inch hail. I got twenty six divots on my Super Duty hood and fenders. I had zero divots on the Raptor hood and fenders. Both trucks parked side by side, nose into the storm. Composite for the win.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah you have to look at it from different angles to see any difference.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad they are composite. A couple years back, we had one inch hail. I got twenty six divots on my Super Duty hood and fenders. I had zero divots on the Raptor hood and fenders. Both trucks parked side by side, nose into the storm. Composite for the win.

Won't rust either.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stared at mine this morning for about a 1/2 hour. Fell back in love with it. Aftermarket fenders, stock hood, stock valance - I can't tell a difference. They aren't Ford GT's, they are badass off road vehicles that don't belong in the showroom under fluorescent lighting. Out in the wild at wide open throttle, I can't see my front end and never notice other truck's paint differences when they are airborne!!! Everything on this truck looks better dirty with bug guts all over it anyway......

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine are covered in mud and dirt, I can't see a difference. So I just always try and keep them dirty. No Problem.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me. I can't tell the difference. It's covered in a large carport when I'm not driving her, so it doesn't sit in the sun for long periods.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can not tell the difference looking at it straight on or from the side but if you work your way around the rear of the truck towards the cab. You can tell the difference.