Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor4Ryan

Reaction score
Looking for advice....I have a 2011 White Raptor Crew with 50k miles. I am moving to London for 2 years and cannot take it with me. I need to decide whether to keep it or sell it. I could put it with a friend to maintain in a garage. I am into the truck for about $44k and would most likely buy another Raptor with the same amount of money when I return. I believe the interest I would earn on the cash would offset with the sales tax I would have to pay to buy the next one. So, it really boils down to how much it would depreciate in 2 years time. What do you think...sell or hold?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
if you have mods done, keep it. if not, sell it now, and you'll get into a 13 or 14 when you come back for that money, since the 17 will likely be out by then.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote to take it with you. From what I'm seeing on Autotrader/Cars.com/Craigslist, you'll get 40-42 out of it depending on options, so you'll be a couple grand upside-down on it anyway. You MAY be able to get someone to give you $44k on it if you've got someone here willing to wait around for it to sell, but I'd guess you'd need to price it in the very low 40's to get it sold quickly.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say, take it with you, drive it a little bit and sell it in the UK before coming back. You'll probably get a hell of a lot more money for it over seas than here in the US. Just my opinion...

Coop77InTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say, take it with you, drive it a little bit and sell it in the UK before coming back. You'll probably get a hell of a lot more money for it over seas than here in the US. Just my opinion...

I'd think with the Euro value, and rarity, this probably pretty accurate