Detent installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rdStng

Reaction score
My Detents arrived today so I had an afternoon project. I started with the passenger side, knowing it was more difficult. And I agree with everyone, it is. Took twice as long as the driver's side.

On a positive note, both detents were installed and done within an hour. And I only got a few minor cuts on my hand.

On the negative note, the passenger side plastic body plug, which I only popped out part way, fell in when I went to grab it to push back. It fell into the space where the detent goes back into.

Any way to retrieve it?
Is it absolutely needed other than possible sound dampening?
Anyone know the P/N if I can't get it and need to replace it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
Used my daughter and her little arms to fish the plug up. Then I was able to get a hold of it to completely remove it. Now the fun part of putting it back in. (Tomorrow)

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I modified mine myself, like on the other thread. I only took about an hour. Highly recommended. Now the door stays open wide enough to allow the rear to open(Scab), but not far enough to wack the car next to you. This is how it should have come from the factory.

OP
OP
3rdStng

3rdStng

Reaction score
Dang. That passenger side plug is a b*tch to get in. Took three or four tries, one arm up under the dash and one through the side. Finally got all the edges to not fall into the hole and be on the proper side of the metal. Good news is I don't anticipate every needing to pull that out again.